30 November, 2018
Vegetarian Cowboy Caviar
Posted in : Cowboy, Vegetarian on by : c0l0rad0 Tags: Balanced, High-Fiber
Total calories: 1,285.22 kcal
Total fat: 62.35 g
From which, saturated fat: 9.39 g
What’s Gaby Cooking?
- 2 cups fresh corn, cut off the cob
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 avocado, cut into small pieces
- 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the corn, bell pepper, and sauté for about 4-5 minutes until the vegetables are just cooked.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the sautéed vegetables, red onion, avocado and black beansand gently mix.
- Juice the lemon over the vegetable mixture and stir in the chopped cilantro and toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed and spoon into mason jars to serve. This salad can be served warm, chilled or at room temperature.